Sunday, March 7, 2010

A non-cat blog post

Howdy friends.
This blog is for Soul, Walter, Cheryl and all my other non-cat-blogger friends out there. I have been so caught up in cat stuff I've been neglecting you.
Things have been crazy around here. Nimbus is being a stubborn brat, Jadzia's getting meaner, and Curzon is just now starting to feel better. But that being said, I'm more concerned about Kahless' dog. I know what it's like to see your animal suffering even though you're doing everything you can for the poor guy. I'm just hoping that whatever has gotten into the guy clears up soon. I'm not a cold, heartless, cats-only chick. I like dogs a lot. I just have a respectful fear of the big dogs that could bite my hands off! I still like them though. There's only been like 3 dogs in my entire life I've ever been afraid of. But, these cats, small and docile as they seem, can be just as vicious if not worse. It's all about how they're trained and cared for. I also know what it's like to feel like shit for screwing up on something so critical as medicine. I've done it before, and the worry during the waiting period is killer in itself. I worried myself to death deep down when I accidentally gave Nimbus the wrong insulin that one time even though I knew logically that it shouldn't have any effect on him. My heart goes out to you and Ben, Kahless. I really do hope that Ben gets better soon, and please keep us all updated!
Poor Cheryl sounds like me. So many things on that "to-do list" and so little energy or desire to do them. I can so understand. I have stuff on that list that's been there for ages. It's still not done... Either that or it gets half-done and then put off until it's back to where it was before. *sigh* I think it's a sign of being over-worked or something... I think we need a vacation from EVERYTHING. Unfortunately for me, even a vacation is a taxing task! But someday I'll take that vacation, even if it's just another stay-cation, like the one I took last halloween. OMG that felt soo good too! A few days of just doing absolutely nothing but sleep unless I WANTED to do something!
As for you, Walter, well we've talked about it. There's nothing more for me to say, unless you have a direct question for this li'l ol' lady.
*cough* *gag* Ok now that I've made everyone laugh at my calling myself a li'l ol' lady (well, I AM a wee on the little side lol)... Let's move on.
I was thinking the other morning... I remember this time 11 years ago (OMG it's been that long - ACK ACK ACK ACK!) I was selling gasoline for less than three quarters for a gallon. Now, it's barely cheaper to get a gallon of gas than it is to do a load of laundry! You can't tell me that's all inflation. Someone's getting rich, and it sure ain't the end-sellers. I can tell you that your corner gas station is NOT making much money off of your gasoline purchase. I point the finger out east, where all the oil is. They're the ones making a killing and are dreading the day we turn to something much, MUCH more abundant. I think it's inevitable that we will eventually be using hydrogen in some form to power us in the near future. Maybe it won't be hydrogen, per se, but you know where I'm going with it. Wouldn't it be cool if we could pull the carbon dioxide and monoxide out of the atmosphere, use it as fuel and end up releasing pure oxygen or something actually beneficial back into the environment? Hmmm... Just a thought. Then again you have lazy people that will drive one block to go pick up the kids from school instead of walking. Oh so many things I could say right now but I won't... Maybe I'm the heading towards being an extinct breed, but if I want something bad enough, I will either walk to get it or find another way. I used to walk 3 miles round trip for a friggin' soda, that's how addicted I once was to the shit.
No wonder I'm so skinny... *sigh* And to think, I feel out of shape right now because 2 miles is taxing on my ol' body. I will get back in shape by this summer hopefully. We'll just add that to my "to-do" list. Ha ha ha.
So anyways I'm off for now... I hope everyone has had a great weekend, and I'll see everyone later.
Enola, JIP - HUGS. Yes I've been keeping up. I just haven't been poking my head in as much. Be well and *hugs* again to both of ya.

No comments: