Sunday, December 28, 2008

I've been thinking....

Howdy folks.
You know I've been thinking (shut up, I know what you're thinking, "oh no she's at it again..." - bah humbug lol) - I really need to come up with a new, original introductory greeting, or just shut up and cut to the crap - erp - blog. LOL...
Anyways...
Nimbus is doing better. Still not where we'd like him to be, but slowly and steadily coming down. He did take a good drop yesterday after I boosted his insulin a bit as he was adapting to the level he was at. I will try to schedule another vet appointment soon, but probably not before the first of the year when I have all the other bills covered. Curzon and Jadzia are doing better as well, the moodiness is fading. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean MY moodiness is fading! But that comes from my lack of decent sleep this MONTH. It started before Nimbus was diagnosed, and even IF it was Nimbus related, I'm not blaming a CAT for MY sleep issues. I just worry too damn much, even Mr. Cat will tell you that. I worry about shit I have no business worrying about, people I have no business worrying about - but because I care so daggum much! It's what made me insist on getting a vet to see what I was seeing, what I was hearing, and not just dismissing me because of his previous condition. I'm not a worrywart without cause. I see serious and then worry. I wouldn't have worried had he only coughed a couple times and been done with it. Cats get colds... But when it continues and continues... I worry. Or when a cat pukes but only pulls up water (have seen it), I worry. But worry doesn't do too much unless you learn to feed off that worry and make things happen. That's why worrying doesn't affect me like most people. I feed off of it, act on it, and fix it. I don't take NO for an answer, and I will drop a doctor (or vet) in a heartbeat if he or she doesn't provide a reasonable answer. Oh and please, don't think you can lie to me. That doesn't work. I have the internet, for pete's sake. I'll catch you quick. Plus I know people, people who KNOW. (It's the main reason I like working retail sometimes - it's the networking, stupid!) I was up well past my bedtime when Nimbus came home from the vet the first time researching, reading, asking on a message board - getting the information I needed, verifying what I'd been told. I am still doing that. I cross-check everything I see and hear, and not just with one person, but several.
Many of you have kids. What I am doing for my cat I know all of you would do for your kiddos. My cats are my children and are treated as such and are also protected as such. Animal torturers aren't allowed in this house, and neither is anyone who would even gently smack my cats. Disciplining my cats is the responsibility of me and Mr. Cat - and NO ONE else. And besides, smacking a cat is pure torture. That's not how they learn. A water bottle will suffice, trust me. I might tap one to get its attention. I might throw a sock at them too. But I never EVER let anyone hurt my cats. I wouldn't if they were dogs, hamsters, anything. Even IF they weren't mine... So I guess that means I'm just the animal protector. LOL Ok I'll take on that role happily. I just can't take people being mean to animals. That's why I couldn't be a humane society cop. I'd break into houses to rescue the animals. I'd probably have to hurt some people pretty quickly. I just have no patience I guess. Hmmm... Wait. I already knew that. Like mother, like daughter.
Anyways, back to my babies...
As I was saying before I got off of my train of thought and onto my soapbox, Curzon is doing so much better with his moodiness. As I'm (trying) to type this, he's giving himself a bath while laying on my right arm - needless to say it's hard to move it! Perhaps I was so focused on getting Nimbus better I was neglecting the bonding level that Curzon is used to. Bonds don't just happen, they're nurtured along. Me and this cat may be inseparable, but I do have to remind him - as well as the other two - of that fact. It's just like a human-human relationship. Hm, there's a thought - do I treat my cats too much like humans? Or am I onto something? LOL. Wait, nope, can't deny a paw THAT friggin big is a cat of all cats. Sheesh! Glad the cat loves me, or I'd be getting killed in my sleep! Sorry guys, just got showed the paw... Not like I ain't seen 'em a million times, but every time it blows me away just how big a DOMESTIC cat's paws can be. But hell, a small paw on such a big cat WOULD be quite freaky.
Geez I gotta quit talkin' 'bout these cats before I chase ya'll off!
So what else is new... Let's see, I finally got a good night - erm day - of sleep today for the first time in ages... I finally caught up on my laundry on Monday, well except for a few summer pieces I found hiding... Got through the holiday fairly quietly and without a lot of hooplah... I voluntarily worked all week, raking in the money and keeping my mind off of the holiday (the best way to get through a holiday is to forget it IS a holiday, right? LOL)... Dang my life is getting boring! Even politics is back to boring. I really don't give a rat's ass about who's doing what right now. I want to see what the man does AFTER he has the power to effect change. I want to see if Bush finally gets the balls to clear Ramos and Campean and get them out of prison when they did nothing wrong in the first place. Beh... But I guess no news is good news, right?
Anyways guys, I'm off for now. I've caught up on blog reading but I do fear I've lost my replies to the abyss that is my brain. I am thinking of you all though and I promise I'll try to catch up with each one of you as soon as I can.

1 comment:

prophecynews said...

Thanks, I will bookmark this page and use it... really very help full blog.

Bishop jordan