Monday, September 14, 2009

*Insert Snappy Post Here*

Hey folks. It's laundry day... And I've been dreading it all week. I knew I wasn't going to be able to just do the basic two - clothes were piling up. So it's at least 4 today - and that's IF I don't rewash the blankets that didn't come completely clean a couple weeks ago. I still have another bag, but seeing as how summer is nearly gone, I don't see the need to wash the clothes I just got that are all shorts and sleeveless or short-sleeved tshirts. So their bag will get tied up and put in the closet, where it'll soon be joined by all the other summer clothes that need to move to make way for winter layers.
I think I got around to everyone's blogs last night. There may have been a couple I didn't leave a message on, but I know I did on almost everyone's at least. If you think I forgot you, leave me a message - because I might have! I was going off of my Google Reader, so if, for some reason, you're not there, I very well probably missed you (FrumpyProfessor, I know I missed you - tonight I promise).
It sure feels good to have fall back, or at least late summer. For the entire week last week, Monday straight through to Saturday, it was cloudy, dreary, and cool. The rain didn't come hard until Friday and Saturday, but the periodical showers and the dark clouds were enough to ruin anyone's mood! Having the sun back - and the warmth that comes with it - is such a welcome sight, if I wasn't so apt to burn and not tan, I'd be outside right now on a blanket stretched out in the sun! But I know how my skin works, I'd toast in as much time as it takes most of you to get a nice tan. But I will go out and enjoy it a little - inbetween loads!
It was so funny last night... I thought for sure I was going to have to break up a cat fight - all over a 3-week-old catnip sock! It was cute though actually, though Jadzia kept getting punked out of it. I would refresh the nip, but they're still having plenty of fun with it right now so for now, why waste nip that is still working? I know I'm not the nicest cat mommy, but I only have enough nip left for one more filling probably. But so long as everyone's happy, I'm leaving it for now.
Speaking of cats, Nimbus is doing great. I just brought his insulin shot down a wee more yesterday afternoon, so we'll see how he goes for a few days. It sometimes takes him a while to get used to a change in dose, so it might be next month before I know whether I need to bring it down again or not! But he's happy, getting a little leaner, and starting to feel some energy he hasn't had in a while. Before I know it, he'll be putting both the twins in their places for all the crap they've given him over the last few months. I was wrestling with him a night or two ago and I got to tell you, he's definitely getting stronger in those back legs. If I didn't know better, those were Curry legs kicking me not Nimmy legs! But that's all the better for when the boys DO go at it - a more even-footed match.
Anyways, I think that'll do it - for now. Maybe I'll write more later.

No comments: