Sunday, September 20, 2009

Two-Parter

OMG I cannot believe it... MY TEAM MANAGED TO WIN!! I'm still not so sure we deserved it - our quarterback was NOT up to standards for sure. But we didn't drop as many balls as we did last week. We were able to get to the other team's quarterback - well, ONE guy got ALL 4 sacks - which helped us out. But we still allowed them way too many big plays, and no matter what game you're playing, giving up the big plays can have catastrophic consequences. But our running game is looking better, thanks to one particular player. I think if the team can improve on this game, as it seems they did on last week's, there is the possibility for a much better year this year than we had (gag) last year. However I'm not getting my hopes up yet, there's still 15 weeks and 14 games to go. We haven't played our two main division rivals yet, and so the true test is yet to come. We are in one of the toughest, if not THE toughest, divisions in all of American football, and if we can't beat our rivals, we won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Nimbus is still doing good. His levels are still where they're supposed to be though he's getting a half-unit of insulin less than he was a day or two ago. He's going to get a big old bath here either later on this evening or tomorrow probably to correct some fur issues he's having before he gets like Curzon was before he got snipped up. I don't want or need two half-furry cats, after all!
Jadzia is having some itchy issues, and we don't know why. I don't think it's fleas - neither the boys or us humans are itching (more than usual at least) like we do when we have a flea issue. So I'm more thinking it is a scratch she gave herself that she's itched bigger, which she's done before. But I do have to monitor the situation because she is allergic to fleas and I really don't want to deal with that again. It's not fun having to haul a kitty to the vet for a monster shot of hydrocortizone - trust me that needle is HUGE. But it works wonders on her itchiness when she needs it. I would rather fix it myself though.
Curzon's fur is almost completely back to black now, he's just to fill it in and finish growing it out. He's not liking the food - not that he's protesting or anything - I can just tell by the way he looks at me that he can tell he's on a diet. He looks good though so he is just going to have to get over it.
Anyways, I am off for now to relax and enjoy the rest of the day off. I think I was yelling a wee too much at the game today as my throat is a little sore (ya think *geez*) but I still have my voice. Right now though, I'm not using it. I need to recover so I have a voice for when I go to work Tuesday.

*an hour later*
I decided to not even putt around. I just gave Nimbus his bath. He got me - good - but not in the bath. I'm surprised I was able to avoid his claws every time. He did bite me tho (not hard) when my fingers got too close. He was just letting me know he wasn't happy. He got me though on the towel-wrap. His back right paw got me right on my right thigh - one claw, one 3" scratch. OUCH. Not deep though, he never gets me deep. He didn't mean to either, he just wanted to get away and I HAD to get him as dry as I could so he doesn't get sick. He did fine though, he was a trooper and got through it just fine. I couldn't be more proud of him. No pictures though, as it's a bit too dark in here and I want to let the boy get himself dried off peacefully. In about an hour or so though I'm going to give him a thorough brushing to help him get dry and get rid of any tangles or mats he may still have. Luckily I caught it all early.
Anyways, back to enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasts. Someone around here likes doing laundry when I'm trying to sleep, and soon it's going to make me go postal. Luckily I'm off tomorrow so they can get away with it tonight.

No comments: