Sunday, February 14, 2010

One just for me!

Howdy folks. Today, this blog is (at least mostly) mine! I feel like writing today, and so today, I write!
Geez it's so nice to have a good working battery on the PDA, one that doesn't die within an hour or so. It feels good to not have to keep running it back to the charger to let it recharge. Now it is an extended battery, so it still doesn't fit right in the keyboard like the Toshiba's extended battery. But unlike the Toshy battery, it doesn't add a ton of weight to the PDA and it's not nearly as gigantic! The Axim's extended battery is still small enough and light enough where it doesn't turn a sweet little device into a beast of a brick!
They finally downgraded the snow totals for the next storm, thank goodness. From what they're saying, it seems we won't get much more than maybe a couple inches at worst since it's not going to be an all-snow event. I can't tell you how happy this makes me as I'm so sick and tired of the snow. Maybe it'll all be rain... But it can't be a lot because God knows we can't have all this snow end up in our waterways at once! And it ain't just us either, folks. I have a buddy online from Norway whom I've known ages upon ages and he's got more snow there than they normally do! So hey, what's up with this? So much for the global warming maybe? Don't tell me this is the beginning of a little ice age, please! I won't make it through too many more winters like this! It's cold and awful, the sheer amount of snow takes away from any beauty that might be found in it!
Otherwise things are going smoothly here. I still ain't watching much news, but this means I'm falling asleep to the digital weather channel that only plays music - no voices. Poor Mr. Cat's probably tired of coming in to find the weather channel on! LOL
You know, I've been thinking a lot lately of how different things were a decade ago. Things sure have changed. My Mom was still alive, I was just starting out on my own journey, and I guess as a nation we all still were kinda innocent. We still for the most part didn't think there'd ever be an attack on our own soil by foreigners. Things changed fast, but I think it's safe to say we've changed through the better in spite of the adversities we've had to deal with. Now if only we could get our politicians to quit lying, but I don't think they're capable of telling the truth! And I also don't think that it's only our politicans that are dirty, lying scoundrels.
Even though she doesn't have a way to read this blog because she lives out in the boonies a bit, I want to wish my adopted mum and her husband a happy anniversary. Yes, folks, they got married on Valentine's day many a year ago and after (I think) 35 years, they're still together. While she's not my biological Mom, I know Mom'd agree that mum's quite a good enough mum to fill in. Mum knew my Mom quite well and vice versa so it's not like it's anything Mom didn't know about. Besides, mum only had two boys of her own, I think she needed a daughter! LOL
So what's everyone plans for today? I got a sweet 20 minute double cuddle session with both the twins at the same time! Jadzia even had her head nestled into Curzon's stomach for a little while, and he gave her a great neck and head bath. There was even a brief joint purring session! Needless to say with two large cats on my lap, there wasn't much real estate left to be had. Poor Nimbus couldn't find a way to jump up on the couch and get any attention without being in danger of being whacked or hissed at. Don't worry though, he got his own attention later on. He's never been deprived of attention, even when he doesn't want it! Tehehehe! So anyways, I think the rest of today is going to be spent in bed relaxing and then tomorrow will be the big laundry day where I get to find out if my new clothes will bleed or shrink all over everything else. I'm going to put a white sock in each load so that if anything bleeds, I'll know it. But I'm not going to put anything in there that would be harmed by a little extra color either. I ain't stupid lol!
I was told a couple days ago at work I was about due for another vacation and ever since then, the vacation bug has been biting me again. But I'm saving up my vacation time for now because I'm liable to need it later! So I just got to shake that out of me right now and just focus on the next week and take things from there. I'm quite happy to say that, as of right now, I'm content to do that and see where things go from here.
So anyways, I am off for now to see if there's anything on TV (probably not lol) and then figure out what to do from there. I was thinking about playing one of my video games, but I just don't feel like it. It's not even so much that the console doesn't always like to boot up the game, or that the game sometimes freezes up or craps out. I just don't even feel like playing right now. I will figure something out. I always manage to. I just can't afford to take a nap right now or I won't sleep at all tonight! So be well everyone, stay warm to all of my fellow bloggers buried under mounds of snow, and see everyone on the flip side.

1 comment:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

You need a PS3!! They are awesome!!

Or a Da Bird. Ooo get a Da Bird!! They never freeze up!