Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Couple OMC Moments

First of all... Curzon let me brush him! That is huge! He didn't snap at me once, didn't even try! He gave my hand the look once, but heck, if that's all I get, that's great! I didn't get much fur off of him (as you'll soon see), but every little bit helps on a cat that has a major hairball problem! It's the one thing that I do so dearly miss about the Purina Indoor Formula - it really, really helped his weight and his hairball problem. Granted, the weight's come off and stayed off much better with this food, but at $80 a bag, IT BETTER! MOL!
Secondly, and almost as huge, Nimbus WANTED up on my lap! This so rarely happens, it's unbelievable. Usually I can pick him up and the moment I let go of him, he's off, but he stayed this time, albeit only for a few minutes. I did get to brush him again though and I found one little tangle, not even qualifying for mat status. It was at the tip of his fur, to the point where I could get it out with my fingers. His trimmed side looks a lot better than it did a few months back when he got so horrendously trimmed. He still has a good layer of fur, to the point if he was trimmed completely that way, he'd STILL be a medium-furred kitty. The last time, many areas looked like he was a short-furred cat MOL. I will have to see if I can find that post....
But anyways, here's the fur pic (I best get all these pics off of the camera MOL) from just moments ago.

The itty little bit on the right side is Curzon, all the pile on the left is Nimbus. That's normal no matter what, even when he didn't just get a bath. It's not nearly as big as any of the ones yesterday, and I have to say... With all the fur this cat sheds, even when it's NOT coat-changing season, it's absolutely incredible that he only pulls up 1-2 hairballs a YEAR. And that was long before the food. I think that too goes back to the Purina IF. He used to cough and cough and cough and not pull one up, until I think there was no holding it back anymore. Now it's almost like his body can process it on it's own. That started with the IF but has worked just as well if not better with the prescription OM. I'm going to have to see if I can get Mr. Cat to take a new pic of me and the boy, so everybuddy can see how big he is. Don't count on seeing my face though, I'm a shy one. The one in my profile is YEARS old. MOL!
Now Jadzia, on the other hand, is being Ms. Naughty. She's avoiding me like I'm dangerous or something! I don't think I've really seen her all day! I know she's still here, trust me she hasn't escaped. She's probably just staying cool somewhere out of my line of sight. The weather is much nicer today than it has been lately, only up to 78 (so far) today, compared with the 93/88 of this weekend. It FEELS better too; for once the weather idiots on tv were right. It's not nearly as muggy today but all the pollen and crap is still flying around like ****. Oh well...
Anyway, back to laundry for me.

TSB

No comments: