Friday, September 10, 2010

In Memory

God knows I will never forget that day 9 years ago. I wish I could erase all of 2001 from my memory, it was by far the worst year of my life. The only redeeming factor of the whole year was rescuing the twins in October. These two songs helped me tremendously in dealing with all the grief and anger that the year brought upon me.
For those who haven't followed me that long, 2001 started off horribly. My Mom died on my 21st bday that January, and things went really south from there. I don't want to go into it, as the past is the past, but that day I found out about Mom's heart attack literally ripped my whole life to shreds. Being an only child in a single-parent household, Mom was everything, so it was a devastating loss.
Then came 9/11. As much as I'll never forget that day, I really don't want to drudge it up either. I guess you could say I'm STILL angry deep down. That morning was also when my beloved Snowflake was rushed off to the vet hospital, where over the course of the week they'd try everything they could to save his fragile FIV+ body to no avail, sending him to the bridge the following Monday.
So I think these two songs are enough for me to mark one of the worst days in the worst year of my life.





TSB

No comments: