Sunday, December 2, 2012

Op-ed

I tend to avoid putting my own opinions on this blog as much as possible; its the cats' blog, much more than my own. But everyone here knows my love of football, the Packers and the Bengals. But above all I am a fan of the game and this week tragedy has befallen my beloved game.
I have no respect for the man... how can someone shoot the mother of his newborn baby then subject three others to the viewing of his own death? The only thing I can think of to possibly rationalize this is that he, like many a current and former player, had suffered permanent brain damage from all the blows he'd taken. Why some people seem more affected by it than others I don't know. With as many times as the dreaded F quarterback traitor (cheeseheads know who I'm referring to) got himself plowed into the ground head and all he surely would be a prime case for it, yet he SEEMS to be quite well. I just don't understand it.
The real victims of this tragedy are those he left behind, especially the families and eyewitnesses. But most of all, that little baby will never get to know either of her parents. That is the saddest thing to come out of all of this.
Please people, take the time to tell all those you care about how much they mean to you and remember friends don't just act like they care, they share burdens so that no one has to go out there alone and weighed down. Offer an ear, and assistance if you can (and I'm not even talking money... sometimes just running an errand or something like that goes way further), and be thankful we're still here today.
Thanks.

No comments: