Sunday, April 22, 2007

This is supposed to be a funny pic? I think not!


You know I don't know what's sadder... that this woman is so obviously overweight that she has to use a wheelchair to get up and take a few steps at least to get dinner or that she doesn't care and will eat at a restaurant that at best won't help her lose weight. Granted, there may be some reason she has to be this way, but for my general comment, let's assume she's only like this because of poor food choices and/or quantity. I feel for people like this because they have lost their mobility and cannot get enough motivation to get it back. I truly count myself lucky that I am not one of those people - I'd honestly like to have another 20 pounds on me to spare if I get sick. I can only hope in this particular case this woman is in contact with her doctor and is trying to lose the weight. And if it's because of medication she may be on (and a lot of medication can cause weight gain as a side effect), I hope that it's not a permanent thing and she's in contact with people who can help her counteract the effects of the medicine(s). However, eating at restaurants like McDonald's, Wendy's, or Burger King (and others) isn't going to help, even if you eat their "low-fat" salads. But please, spare me the line of BS - it's NOT the restaurant's fault. No one held a gun to your head and said "eat it" or otherwise laced the food so you had to eat it (like big tobacco does with their tobacco products). It's about personal responsibility!

No comments: