Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Bad Influences

We all have bad influences in our lives, ones we really don't need there, especially people. We need to learn how to let them go, so we can be the best we can be. I've briefly explored it, but Walter has explored it much deeper and now one of my new favorite blog writers Andrew has too. I'm so glad we as a community are starting to explore this, as its something so many people go through. I hate to say it, but some people need to be dropped out of our lives like a bad habit. I realized this very early on in school, as true friends then were so rare. Perhaps I just expected too much, who knows. That's not the point. The point IS that anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, who would rather you stay in a pool of negativity than get up and focus on being the best YOU can be needs to be "disposed of" so to speak. They need to be told to leave you alone, that you have no room for negative friends in your life. This is easier said than done, I know this. I've even done it with former BEST friends, and an ex-boyfriend or two. There's not a lot I won't tolerate from anyone in my life, and they're constant negativity (bad day don't count, we all have them), lying, backstabbing/snitching/not keeping secrets, and in a man, cheating. Nope, won't hear of it. Did it too long the last time, one because I was too weak as a person to admit it much less financially too weak to leave, and also because I cared - and still do - too much for his Mother. But I had to go. I would rather have hurt her a little then and let her heal than cause a lot more pain down the road when the inevitable became reality and it got ugly. She's much too good a woman for that. So, enough being said, pitch the bad, keep the good, and hug them often, even if its just an email hug!

No comments: