Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Relaxation

You know as I'm sitting here outside on the PDA as if it's a laptop I quickly realize how lucky I am to live in a neighborhood where I can sit outside and enjoy my neighbors instead of worrying about who many druggies are going to try to hit me up for a cigarette or cash (and saying "I don't smoke" or "I'm broke" would be cause to get your @ss beat). It is so beautiful here, and I hear its even better just west of here (Jeaninne would probably verify that in a Philadelphia minute). (Oh and Philadelphia minute = 1.01 NYC minute LOL.) It's a beautiful day outside, I only have a blanket over me because I'm wearing shorts instead of jeans and am too lazy to either change or go sit in the sun. The chairs I splurged on a couple weeks ago are great too, two fit perfectly on the landing with still enough room for people to get in and out (unless they're... Oh I can't comment...). My neighbors are GREAT. For once, I can hang out with my upstairs neighbor and just relax... We lack a real drama queen, though we have our know-it-all. Today's actually quite a noisy day for this neighborhood and it's only because something construction-wise is happening a couple blocks away. I'm not quite sure what, and I have no desire to find out. Yes, I'm lazy. The weatherman said it was going to be warm and a bit more muggy today, but I'm not going to complain about it as it could - and is supposed to - be worse in the next few days. So I will sit outside in my chair and enjoy this while it lasts. The cats are enjoying the air conditioned apartment, as I'm also too lazy to turn it up and open up the windows. With the noise levels, though, I'm not sure the cats would appreciate it anyways. Of course, this is quiet for me as I'm used to living in big cities with more traffic, and there's not much here, and even then, nothing that would cause a lot of noise.
Things are starting to show signs of maybe - just maybe - easing up around here. The last month has been very stressful to say the least and I can only hope that soon it fixes itself completely. I'll spare everyone details as it's not anything that should be in public much less anything that I'd want out anyways. But most of my regular readers know as we've bloomed a lot of friendships through this little hole in the wall I call a blog.
I can't believe I'm already nearing my 100th post, if I haven't gotten there already. I lost count in the early 90s a couple days ago and though I don't think I've posted that much since, I can't be sure. I'm so absent-minded!!!!
I must say reading Frumpy Professor's blog has been most comforting and yet most saddening lately. It's so comforting to know I'm not the only one still grieving, yet it hurts so bad seeing someone else hurting that bad. Loosing those closest to you rips you right apart and you spend the rest of your life trying to piece your heart back together and find out how to live without them somehow. I can only hope that FP's friends keep him close and help him through this difficult time.
Anyways, I'll write more later.

No comments: