Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gargh etc.

Well, I made it through another day, and while that wouldn't be blog-worthy for most people, for me anymore it is! Each day survived at work is a feat in and of itself, especially in a time like this when the economy sucks and I seem to have crapped out my immune system. I rarely get sick anymore to the point it just knocks me on my arse, and to have that happen to me twice (albeit brief both times) in less than a month, is quite concerning. I know it's just this wacky weather though, as my immune system is surely tired from fighting ickie after ickie SUCCESSFULLY and so once in a while one gets through, if just for a brief time. The mold spores being through the roof outside doesn't help considering my very high sensitivity to mold. That tends to fk with everything in one fail swoop. So no wonder...
Once again, my PDA's case saves the thing again from my stupidity and klutziness. I went out to check the mail and as I was pulling stuff out, the bstrd slipped right out of my hand! It landed on the bottom left side, just shy of the corner. It dented my case a wee (it's aluminum, so no biggie), but if my PDA itself had taken that fall, it surely would've cracked it badly if not killed it. And Mic wondered why I spent $30 not long after I bought the PDA for this case. It wasn't so much about the belt clip (most cases anymore have one), it was the fact that it was solid sturdy aluminum. Of course after I bought the case I had to buy a new battery as the PDA came with the extended battery, which doubles the size of the PDA and there's NO case designed for it. So I had to drop more $ for the small battery. Away goes tax refunds...
Speaking of refunds, I can't wait for next year. I want to get my money back from the fkn government. There's no way in hell they get to keep all my money. They were saying on the news that the richest Americans' tax percentage went down, and then they quickly mentioned that they pay more taxes than the rest of us combined pretty much. THEY SHOULD! When you're a multi-billionaire you should have to pay more. If I have to cough up a third of my paycheck and only get maybe 1% of it back, so should they! Don't let them get off with all sorts of loopholes and credits the rest of us can't even fathom! Fair's fair, right?
On to the news... The salmonella source has been found at least partially. They found another (DMN MEXICAN) jalapeno farm with the same strain of salmonella as our outbreak, and it turns out there was salmonella IN THE WATER. WTF? Were they cleaning chickens in this water and then "washing" jalapenos in it? Well, Mexico's one step closer to my sht list, currently only populated by China and Iran.
Oh on China... Remember that cat food gluten disaster? (Not that any of us could forget, right?) Well last Saturday, I went to the grocery store to get the cats another bag of cat food, but they were out of the large bags, and all they did have were the tiny ones (which wouldn't even last a week with these guys, even on controlled feedings). So, of course considering I had a ride and didn't know when I would next, I went to get another brand. EVERY other brand (even other Purina brands) had some sort of gluten in them, sometimes right near the top of the ingredient list! I was furious - and still am! After so many beloved animals died, we're STILL putting glutens in our food? It's obvious you can make dry food without glutens - my Purina Indoor Formula is gluten free, and it's just basic cat chow. FFS, come on people! And if you have cats - OR DOGS - check your pet's foods. It may still have glutens, and who wants to risk their pets' lives on something that had such a terrible and painful effect?
I am off for now before I blow a gasket at the stupidity that has permeated so much of our population! LOL hope everyone is having a good week so far, and if you're not, just remember somewhere, someone in this world is having a worse day! Or if that doesn't work, imagine the one person that made your life so bad getting their karma thrown back at 'em. If that don't work... I'll think of something for ya, just give me time!

2 comments:

Walter parker said...

Loved the closing comments Lynx!

Anonymous said...

good job you got the over for your PDA!