Monday, September 8, 2008

Politics and Felines

Well it's official - I don't just dislike Palin, I hate her. Yes I know that's a strong word, but hey, honesty IS the best policy, right? She lies worse than McCain, and her lies are even bigger! Now comes word of yet ANOTHER scandal in waiting. I am almost afraid of what's next. So she's speaking finally to the press next week - but Mrs. Palin, ABC doesn't count. We all know they're in bed with McCain, like FOX. Nice try. Onto other news. Nimbus goes back to the vet in a couple hours. His coughing, wheezing, hacking, congested breathing issue, whatever it is, is back. I'm hoping it's only a cold or something like that. Hopefully it's nothing serious. But above all, hopefully they find WHATEVER it is this time. I can't afford to take him to the vet every other week, no matter how inexpensive. I just can't do it. Anyone celebrating oil prices going "down" recently? I didn't think so. I am STILL using mass transit, passing even on combining trips with neighbors unless necessary (like cat food and litter). I'm cutting back on stuff a little bit. I just know things are going to get worse before they get better, and even those of us who don't drive are going to feel it harder and harder as we tick closer and closer to November. Now comes word that OPEC will probably cut production. Let them. Watch demand go down again as prices jump. We showed them once already that we won't take their bullsht. We cut back a lot because we had to, not because we wanted to. It's not like we're guzzling again, but I bet if gas prices jump back over $4 again and stay as long as they did the last time, they'll feel it too - as we quit giving them our hard-earned money even more. It's not like we can escape it altogether, heck, flea medication prices have nearly DOUBLED in the last couple years, if not more. I had a cheap connection that was less than 50 for 2 months' worth that now costs at least over 90. Wtf is up with that? It's not the vet's fault, the MANUFACTURER jacked up the cost. Just another reason for indoor cats. So off I go for now, to try to rest (I'm not feeling well, but don't worry, I know why this time) before Nimbus goes to the vet. I have to get the carrier out again but I'll do that closer to his appointment time. I hope all of you are doing well. And by the way, welcome to my corner of the blogosphere AP. Wave to Tom for me when you talk to him next.

No comments: