Friday, December 19, 2008

Update.

Hey friends.
Here's the update.
The infection is going.
Blood counts are down - unfortunately both red and white blood cell. He's still "normal", but if the one goes down much more, it's anemia. So let's pray that we can kick that out.
Insulin increased, and gave him some fluid to help push out a minor case of dehydration (I feel it's probably a side effect of him fighting the infection). Glucose levels are improving, but still WAY out of normal. We're pushing forward though.
So, as Mr. Cat would say, "The CNN version: the visit went good."
I won't say it went GOOD, but it went ok. We still have a lot of work to do. But he's starting to show signs of life. We can do this... we MUST do this... He's willing and able, so we should be also - and we are.
I'll keep everyone posted.

PS: I feel like I'm almost Nimbus' vet now. Insulin shots, antibiotics, daily testing... sheesh. What we do for our "babies" eh?

No comments: