Monday, March 16, 2009

Stuff

Hello there my dear friends. What a day. I'm tired of working Mondays, they're hell! Oofah! Luckily I have tomorrow off - to be spent doing laundry. I treated myself to some deli ham and turkey (teehee L don't tell anyone where I DIDN'T get it) today, as I've been craving sandwiches. Weird, I know, but I've been in a big turkey mood lately but I need to mix things up sometimes. Then again I just might have to make a bus trip tomorrow inbetween laundry loads to get some chicken from Wendy's (they make the best - and cheapest - chicken sandwiches I've ever had, and with them being so cheap, it's an easy addiction lol). I've been meaning to do it for a while, but just haven't had the energy. It's like Mr. Cat says, when you don't have two days off in a row, it wears on you and it never quite feels like you had a day off. Poor L works 3rd shift, so it's even worse for her.
Nimbus is continuing to improve, slowly. His swings APPEAR done (I sure pray they are at least), and while he's still high, and way too high at that, his decline is slow, which from what I'm being told, is a good thing. I'm lucky, I get a lot of free advice because of all the people I come in contact with on a daily basis. But nothing beats that of my own vet, and soon I might be calling her, just to get a chance to sound off and bounce off of her. Every day I see the woman who works for the vet that let my Nimmy nearly die, and it takes everything in me to not shove it in her face that he's doing so much better without her daughter's "help" - yes I'm still bitter. I know I shouldn't be - it's in the past and he's ok - but it still hurts that someone could let a cat that's OBVIOUSLY sick just get sicker without at least TRYING something, even if the chances are slim that it'd work. I also got quite upset when she told me I worried too much because of his previous condition. We're talking major issues - heart and now pancreas - not something like a little case of dry skin. But, as I said, he's doing so much better now, and I couldn't be happier. Well, ok, I could, but I'm not going to go so far out on a limb to ask for complete remission. Just good control will suffice for me, seeing as how sick he once was.
I should post the headlines and links to the news items that have caught my attention, but most of it is either politics or just gruesome stuff you probably don't want to read! But I do want to pass something by you guys and gals, something that's actually happening back in Ohio. A family (the article doesn't state how big) is receiving $500 a month in food stamps as the bread winner apparently (article doesn't say once again) got laid off, even though they have $80,000 in the bank, a paid-off $300,000 house, and a Mercedes (I think). Do you think they should qualify? Or do you think that it should be restricted to those, say, below the poverty line? Here's my line of thinking. Normally, I'd say they'd have to sell the house and live off of that for a while, but that's pretty much impossible right now. How many kids they have is a big issue too. So's any medical expenses. A perfect storm of sick kid(s) and/or adults and loss of a job can make $80k go very fast. I don't know, though. There just isn't enough information. The devil's in the details as they say. I hope more information comes out, because I'd like to know how a family can get that much in food stamps! I know I could probably feed a family of 4 or 5 on that at least. Then again, I shop cheap LOL.
Anyways, I'm off for now as I really didn't have much on the blog list today, my brain's too fried and now it's empty too! LOL, be well everyone.

No comments: