Monday, April 26, 2010

Conversation, Arguments, and an Update

Howdy furiends! Curzon here! I have some good news and bad news. Good news is that we got TSB to take the pictures. Bad news is we still haven't gotten her out of bed.
Nimbus: Well, that's because at least one of you have been laying on her all morning!
Curzon: She's done absolutely nothing but watch TV all day!
TSB: Hey! I had to catch my weekly one-hour quota of Tom and Jerry. And sorry I got caught up in an episode of CSI I hadn't seen.
Jadzia: And it's not like she hasn't done anything. She took the pics, and she brushed us.
Curzon: And that's criminal! I don't need brushing!
Jadzia: Ha! You're the one that's always barfing. At least I get my hairballs up instead of just barfing up food and little baby hairballs.
Curzon: I can't help that!
Jadzia: But you didn't have to leave a barf pile right in front of the boy's rug yesterday and not even bother to tell anyone you did it! Poor TSB had to find it when she was about to give the boy his poke. I should hurt you for that. But I'll let you escape that charge. But putting the bitey on TSB when she was only trying to take care of you, now that I will get you back for.
Curzon: What suddenly makes you a good cop? That's the boy's job! Are you trying to get that mean kitty image off of you? Good luck with that. That's been burned into history for years now.
Jadzia: Hey you treated him just as bad!
Curzon: But I got over it quicker than you! It's been THREE YEARS sis!
TSB: Ok, you two, sheesh. Yes you guys aren't always mean cats, but when you're mean, you OWN mean. But I gotta say, that Nimbus buttwhack on Curzon was HILARIOUS. I don't think I've seen you move that fast in a long time, chubby.
Curzon: First you say you think I might be too skinny, now you're calling me chubby? Which one is it?
TSB: Whichever one I feel like calling you, twiggy! MOL!
Curzon: Hmph! At least I don't cheer on the mouse in a cat vs mouse cartoon!
TSB: If Tom was a real cat, the other cats woulda killed him because he tarnished their reputation. Besides, I've seen very intelligent rodents, like that hamster that alluded you AND your sister for hours on end!
Jadzia: And had you fearing we ate him!
TSB: Rightfully so too! You guys were both ruthless! I have no idea how that friggin' rodent survived the escape much less got past you two! That one puzzles me.
Nimbus: Is a "hamster" like a "mouse"?
TSB: Yep, just without the tail, and sometimes as furry as you are!
Nimbus: Sounds like a big hairball! When do I get one?
TSB: I am not getting a hamster just for you to kill, Nimbus. You're going to have to lure that hidden mousie out, or wait for it to come out and pounce it.
Nimbus: Dang, nothing's easy, even for a cat like me!
Curzon: You're not THAT special, rugrat!
Jadzia: Ok let's just stop there. I want to please ask everyone to go over to Herman's blog and send purrs and well wishes, as Herman's still not feeling good, as most of you know already from the CB. With enough purrs and headbutts, maybe we can get him healthy again!
TSB: You may have also noticed we added a new page to the blog, for our angel kitties. I can't seem to get Nimbus' half-sister's printed pic to scan properly and ALL my angel kitty pics are mysteriously missing from my computer. Astro, Angel, Ollie, Snowflake, Shadow, they're all gone. I found ONE good picture of Ollie, but I know I have more on a cd somewhere, but that's one of my PC issues. I can't wait to get the picture of Shadow up either. You can really see a lot of Nimbus in her, seeing as they shared the same daddy. Same serious look, like the whole world's problems are theirs. Beautiful white kitty, she was... And such a sweetie. But I'm almost distraught at not being able to find my Snowflake pic. I only have one pic of that cat, and to not have the digital copy means I HAVE to find the hard copy.
Nimbus: I didn't know I had a half-sister!
TSB: Yep and she was as sweet as you.
Jadzia: Nimbus? Sweet?!? Ha! Yeah, right. He's a constant worry to the whole family!
TSB: He's doing FINE mama. Relax. He's evened out, albeit a litle higher than I had wanted. But he's stable and that's what counts. Now if only he'd lose some weight...
Curzon: Yeah, cause I'm supposed to be the big cat around here, not you, fatso!
Nimbus: I am NOT fat! I am supercat, built for escaping all enemies and then sneaking up behind them and kicking their butts!
Jadzia: Maybe we should rename him, bro. I think Garfield would be quite fitting...
TSB: Quit it! He's not THAT fat. And he is right - he is a very strong cat, on par with Curzon in his youth!
Curzon: Are you trying to call me old?
TSB: You're not the young squirt you used to be. You're starting to get your first grey furs outside of your undercoat.
Curzon: They're two renegade fur strands in my mane! That doesn't mean anything!
TSB: Not for now it doesn't, you're right. You're just not a young one anymore. You're a grown up, wiser, more mature cat. You can still run with the best of them, that's for sure. But you still can't outrun me!
Jadzia: He never could. Hahaha only I can!
Nimbus: I can too!
TSB: No, I don't waste my energy as much with you because I know how you roll. You dart off to your scratching post and then stop or jump up 99% of the time. It makes it easy to catch you LOL.
Nimbus: But I don't run away! Not me!
TSB: Not that often anymore, but now and then when I want to pick you up you do.
Nimbus: I AM NOT A CUDDLE CAT!
TSB: Obviously! Meanwhile, until I get my butt up out of bed, please send purrs and prayers for those in the deep South who were killed and hurt by the weekend tornado outbreak. One tornado was nearly 2 miles wide, on the ground over an hour and a half, and had estimated winds pushing 200mph. As a midwest girl, it breaks my heart every time I hear of another tornado, especially one that kills people, and this one has killed at least 10, maybe 12 (I'm trying not to pay attention too much because of the memories it brings back, memories I don't want to remember).

No comments: