If you've even seen news snippets of the GOP debate yesterday, I'm sure you've seen the "showdown" between the unknown congressman and former mayor of NYC about why we were attacked nearly 6 years ago. It was ensued that it was our involvement in Iraq that made them attack us. Let's see, yes we stopped Saddam in 1991 but we pulled out. The no-fly zone didn't come until later in the 90s if I remember right. Even then, we weren't in Iraq until after 9/11. You want the real reasons? I'll give them to ya.
1. We're too free.
2. We treat our women better.
3. We're richer.
4. We're happier.
5. We have more prestige and clout.
6. (Summarizing 1-5) They hate us because they're jealous!
7. We have a military presence in the middle east, especially in Saudi Arabia (they conveniently ignore the fact our presence was REQUESTED by the Saudis).
8. They hate us because we're not a radical islamic state.
So, what are we to do? Will leaving Iraq help? Nope. I'm more and more convinced we're in a catch 22. If we leave, they will see it as a win and take down what 'government' exists in Iraq. Yet if we stay, we will lose more and more soldiers, may invite another attack on home soil, and lets admit it, get stuck for years to come. We have to do something. It's time we make the Iraqis be responsible for their future so we're not.