Monday, June 11, 2007

A notable anniversary

Today marks the 6th anniversary of OKC Murrah Building bomber Timothy McVeigh's execution. While I am only pro-death penalty in certain situations (serial killers, baby killers, terrorists, and my fringe - repeat sexual predators), McVeigh's execution was a reluctant relief. Many of us in the midwest US at that time didn't rest until he was gone, partially out of fear he would escape and do it again, partially just to see justice done. It doesn't seem like it's been 6 years, but it has. I hope his special place in Hell was waiting for him when he died. I know, cold, but it is a reality of life.
A friend and I were recently talking about B.T.K. (Dennis Rader) back home in Wichita, KS. He mentioned that he wished that Mr. Rader was executed. I wish it could happen as I see it a waste of taxpayer dollars to continue feeding him. But he isn't even eligible for parole until 2180, and seeing as how no one lives past 120 and he's already about halfway there, we're fine.
Anyways, I'll write more later.

No comments: