Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thoughts, News, and Updates...

Singing in the rain, I'm singing in the rain... Ok, not quite, but I did go walking during the downpour and I did go puddle hopping later... Oh it felt so good! But I found our neighborhood garter snake dead... Probably drowned in the heavy rain, poor little feller, and I really don't like snakes, but I don't hate them either. I'll hold a little one if its not poisonous, but big ones and poisonous ones can stay in their cages, thank you very much! It sure felt good though to be out in the rain after the heat of the last what seems like month! Stupid me went down by the creek though, and within a minute I was getting bitten by mean ol bugs. I got away before more than two got me, but this one right below my right elbow is itching, but I just put some anti-itching stuff on it and so hopefully it'll be over soon.
My PocketPC is acting up again, this time I'm not being able to sync, yet I can once I reset the device, so now I'm debating what to do. I ordered a USB Bluetooth adapter, so hopefully that'll allow me to sync without having to follow through with the hard reset and reinstalling EVERYTHING. So we shall see, either way it will come in handy if I indeed can sync with it.
The news has been mixed today. Two arrests have been made in the Newark murders of 3 college kids, and there appears to be good progress finally in getting to the 6 trapped Utah coal miners. But some Katrina victims got slapped in the face by the court system as the courts sided with the insurance companies, telling the victims that they're on their own when it comes to the costs incurred by the damage, even if they had insurance. I'm sorry, if I have "homeowner's insurance" I should be covered no matter WHAT brings the house down. But of course, it doesn't work that way unfortunatly. This decision only gives the insurance companies more freedom to take our money and not give some back when we need it. Add on the fact now there are kids throwing liquids back at fast food drive-through employees, sometimes yelling racial slurs at them at the same time. One even received injuries to the eyes as something was in there that irritated his eyes upon contact.
The heat has broken though, which is a very good thing. The rain really helped, though I don't think it's going to last too long but any little break - even if it's just for a few hours - is appreciated.
So here's my thought for the day, as the miners are trying everything to at least get air and critical supplies to the miners if they're still alive, as we all hope they are.
Sometimes life throws us a curveball, and no matter how much we try, we keep struggling to straighten out that curve. I know there are times it seems no matter what I do, it just never seems to go right, whatever I'm doing. So what do you do? Try your best and go with it? Give up? Or step outside the box and try something totally different? Do we settle for what we come up with, or do we constantly try to improve?? A thought or two... Or three... To ponder.

1 comment:

Walter parker said...

I think when life throws us a curve ball, we first need to "read " it before we respond. From your own list of responses there are many that are either right or wrong, not in themselves but in the circumstances of each ans every curve ball. Each curve ball is different and therefore our responses may also have to be different for each one as is appropriate. Some times it will be to give up, at others to just hang in there. Sometimes to try another tact. At others to ease off a little while for others it will mean a full bore attack. The percullar circumstances of each curve ball should be taken into account before any decision about action is taken. Walter