Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just a (Not So) Quick Update

Hey folks. No pictures yet. I do plan on taking a couple maybe, but as soon as I post this I got to eat - I feel like I'm starving lol. By the time I get done eating, it'll probably be time to give Nimbus his shot. But we'll get there. It's so cloudy still it's not even funny. But here's where we're at right now in the CoonHouse (LOL).
Jadzia's itching is slowly improving, though it's not because she's not trying to itch, it's because I'm trying to keep those vicious back claws trimmed. The vet and I discussed a couple options Tuesday evening on the phone, but we'll see if they pan out. More research has to be done first.
Nimbus is doing fantastic. His insulin doses are back down to 3 from that high of 5.5 I think it was just a few weeks ago. So much for him losing weight though. He's still HUGE. But, he proved to me last night I think it was that he can move like he did when he was a lil 13lb cat if he really wants to. That made me feel good.
Curzon's the only one losing weight so far, that I can tell at least. Jadzia really doesn't need to, and honestly, Curzon really don't need to either. Yes he's big and heavy, but he's sleek and VERY fast. He's healthy and quite mobile, even at bohemouth 18lb size. But I'm not so sure I'm liking this sleek panther-profile look on him. No matter, he's still a big cat, and if I have to fatten him up a wee, I will. I know how LOL (he has a weakness for breads, so a little bread or a piece of donut or cracker - no salt or sugar etc of course - snuck in now and then will suffice) but hopefully it won't come to that. I just don't want him getting too skinny. He IS a Coon after all. Just look at Dante. That's what a Coon's supposed to look like. I'm just glad my Coons aren't as fluffy! LOL
The PDA is still acting up, sadly. I'm going to tinker today and see if it's as bad with my USB mouse as with the stylus, and if not, I have a workaround of sorts. I haven't figured out what's going on and I'm starting to think maybe it's something I installed recently but considering the hassle I had in reformatting, the logic isn't there for that. I'm not so sure what it IS but it's frustrating me! Luckily my (replaced) original (the 355 I'm referring to was a Best Buy replacement for the defective 335 that was originally given to me by Mr. Cat years and years ago) does almost everything that my 800 does. I just miss my 800. It's got some things that are completely unique to it. Oh well.
So I am off for now to check the mail, eat, and take care of Mr. Boo. Hope everyone is well and staying warm (hey Aussies - send up some sunshine and heat - we miss the sunspots up here)!

No comments: