Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Contest info and some other stuff...

Howdy folks! It seems we have us a little confusion. Just for reference, all the information is listed here and here. But what we're looking for is pictures or even video of your cats competing in the competition! Just like in the Olympics, it's a matter of you posting them on your blog. As for my competitions though, I ask that you email me at the other email address (the one listed in one of the two links I just posted) with a link to the post or posts for the competition and which competition you're competing in. Remember, I'm only hosting two, so if you're competing in one of Brian's competitions, you're going to have to let him know! If you have any more questions you're more than welcome to email me or ask me in the comments. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. And by the way, it's not limited to the cats (though cats RULE!). I'll let our woofie friends compete too, heck, everyone but humans, as this is all about the animals! The humans don't need any help to party LOL.
On to other things.
The weather here is miserable. Rainy, cloudy, breezy and chilly. YUCK. But at least it's not snowing! Curzon is being a nut, as always. I just wish there was more ample sunbeams to have a photo shoot. I miss coming home and having a little photo session after work, but I really don't wanna deal with Mr. Flashy, and I know the cats would rather not too. Anyways, you know those little tube toys with the ball in the middle. Well ours is sitting up on the loveseat (partly from my cleaning recently and partly to give them a break from it, not that they play with it). Well I guess Curzon really wanted the paperwad that was hiding behind it badly and fought for like 5 minutes to retrieve it (mind you, we have plenty of them around here). I'm not sure if it was stuck under the tube, inside, or just in an awkward place behind it, but it sure took him long enough to get it! He's such a silly cat.
I finally found the catnip bag yesterday. I put it right where it was supposed to go, which happens so rarely around here with me, I didn't bother to look for it where it was supposed to be, just everywhere else! LOL So anyways, I got a couple little plates out and put some down for each of the twins. Now Nimbus couldn't be bothered to leave his napping spot on the bed, so the twins got some unfettered Nip attention. Now normally, Curzon will wolf down (if not inhale) any nip you put in front of him, and if you're not careful, he'll eat the plastic bag it came in too! But this time, he was so good about it. He still ate a lot, but he's so adapted to it, it takes a lot for him to even feel any of the effects. Nimbus did get up eventually and after eating his food, he stole some of Curzon's nip.
While he was diggin' the Nip, I crawled into bed to rest a little bit before bedtime (which comes mighty daggum early for me), though I was trying to stay awake for the new episode of NCIS (which I shouldn't have bothered, it was so predictable). Nimbus joined me a few minutes later and gave me the sweetest look before he fell asleep.
Curzon joined us a little while later, surprisingly mellow for all the nip he'd chomped down!
He wasn't so happy because I disturbed him, but it wasn't like I was trying! He was sound asleep so I just stared at him for a few minutes, watching his eyes moving behind the eyelids, wondering what he was dreaming about (probably mouse-hunting, knowing him). I gave him a wee little kiss on the head and he didn't miss a beat of his dream. But the moment my hand moved, he was wide awake! Silly cat! So he gave me looks for a good while before turning his back to me and ignoring me for a good portion of the rest of the night.
So anyways, I should note before I send this off, that the pics I posted aren't recent, they're actually quite old, but the looks are the same and heck, they're just good pics of the ornery brats erp cats! I hope everyone is nice and comfy, and Poppy darling, you best get back to comfy inside because we're stealing the summer sunbeams back slowly but surely! I sure as heck don't want you to get cold or wet outside! You're much too bootiful for that!
Be well, everyone!

No comments: